On June 19, Congressman Billy Tauzin spoke with Senior Voice America on the importance of skilled home healthcare and the value it provides to the senior community.
Click here to listen to the full interview.
- Home health has been on the budget-cutting table for several years. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare (PQHH) is working to protect funding for skilled home healthcare and improve quality and access for the patients we serve.
- PQHH has brought legislation to Congress to clean up the isolated fraud in the home health community so that cost-effective and patient preferred home healthcare can continue to be an option for America’s seniors.
- The Obama Administration and states are recognizing that better care can be provided in the home through programs such as the Community First Choice Option.
- The VA’s Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) program has reduced overall costs by 24% and its patients are receiving quality care.
- Home health is cost-effective AND saves taxpayers money because of the out of pocket expenses patients inherently cover, such as shelter, food and utilities.
- 10% of new jobs created in May were in the home health space.
- More and more seniors will become chronically ill with diseases that need to be managed and home healthcare will provide huge employment opportunities for new generations.